Can a Business Be Sued in the County where its Registered Agent is Located for Venue Purposes?

Yes, generally a corporation can be served in the county of its registered agent for venue purposes. In the United States, corporations are required to appoint a registered agent, also known as a resident agent or statutory agent, who is responsible for receiving legal documents, such as summons and complaints, on behalf of the corporation. The registered agent must have a physical street address within the state of incorporation, and service of process can be made on the registered agent at that address. This is considered proper service on the corporation for venue purposes.