DTPA Deceptive Trade Practices Act Attorneys in Dallas, Texas
The attorneys at Shawn Jaffer & Associates, located in Dallas, Texas represent consumers and file claims for violation of the Deceptive Trade Practices Act “DTPA” throughout Texas. Some of the violations include misrepresentation of products and services, false statements, fraud, bait and switch tactics, yoyo financing, and warranty disputes.
We are Trial Attorneys Who Fight to the End!
The Deceptive Trade Practices Act is a powerful tool that is intended to protect consumers (individuals and small business) from deceptive, unconscionable, and unfair business practices from Insurance Companies, Car Dealers, Home Builders, Realtors, and other businesses.
What conduct does the DTPA Prohibit?
- *Bait and Switch Tactics
- *Breach of Warranty
- *False Representations
- *False Advertisement
- *False or Misleading Billing Practices
- *Failure to Disclose Information
- *Misrepresentation of Products and Services
- *Price Gauging
- *Unfair Denial of Insurance Claims
- *Yo-Yo Financing
What Can I Recover under the DTPA?
You can recover your actual damages, your economic damages, mental anguish damages and if the Court finds that the defendant acted knowingly or intentionally then you could get up to three times the damages. Additionally, attorneys fees may also be awarded in DTPA cases. So contact our firm located in Dallas, Texas for a free case evaluation.
How Do I Know If I Have a DTPA Claim?
Contact our office to speak with a Consumer Protection Attorney in Dallas, Texas to evaluate your claim and protect your rights.
Types of Auto Fraud
- *Odometer Fraud
- *Failure to Disclose Damage History
- *Refusing to Honor Car Warranty
- *Illegally Financing Practices
- *Adding Additional Undisclosed Fees
- *Increasing Interest Rate on the Loan or Demanding a Higher down payment after the sales and financing contract is signed
- *Refusing to Honor the Sales or Financing Contract on the Car
- *Illegal Repossession
- *Failure to Disclosure Title Defects or Failure to Produce Title